SABRIC, the South African Banking Risk Information Centre, on behalf of the banking industry would like to share the tactics that criminals are using to defraud people this Festive Season, to ensure that they are aware of how to protect their hard-earned cash.
International Relations department at the Ministry of Agriculture Jihad of the I.R.Iran is interested in cooperation with a relevant company from the Republic of South Africa in the following:
• Cooperation on Antagonists of soil-borne plant pathogens.
• Development of production technology for organic matter based soil conditioners.
Press Release:25th October 2019, Durban
MINARA BUSINESS AWARDS WINNERS 2019
Durban: An evening of networking with businesspersons, professionals, community leaders, 18 dynamic finalists and 6 winners. The event was graced by the presence of MEC Mrs Nomusa Dube delivering the Keynote address that highlighted the importance of building the economy and updating guests on planned business opportunities.
The guest list included guests from Durban, Gauteng and Cape Town in attendance at the Minara Chamber of Commerce Business Awards and Gala Dinner 2019.
Minara President presented a very apt address on the Chamber’s role in Business Development which focused on collaboration to better our country’s economy. He also congratulated every finalists and hopes they will each continue with the phenomenal business and community work they are currently engaging and will work closely with the chamber to develop the next generation of entrepreneurs and encourages women in business development.
The awards presentation commenced with a rather emotional and proud ambience as Lifetime Achiever recipients which was awarded posthumously to Dr Shoukat Ali Thokan and Ebrahim Gangat being honoured in the presence of their family and community for their selfless work in building and great contributions to social development in South Africa.
- The Business of the year award went to jointly to SAFY Group and Osman Optical group, accepting on behalf of the SAFY Group was Director Yusuf Moola and Mr Waheed Osman owner of Osman Optical who both thanked the Almighty and their teams for the success of their respective companies. The Third finalists in this category was Buildrite Hardware who also has grown his company dynamically with several branches creating employment in various areas.
- The Businessperson of the year proved to be a much more difficult choice for judges as each Businessperson has undoubtedly excelled in their business career. The award for this category was won by Mr Younus Moosa, owner of several business houses within the hospitality Industry.
- Young and talented software developer Ms Zakia Salod walked off with the Professional achiever 2019 title. Yusuf Kharwa (CA,Partner) of PWC and Professor Sindile Amina Ngubane were the other two outstanding finalists in this category.
- Cape Town Businesswoman Zakierah Palekar was a proud recipient of the Businesswoman of the Year 2019 as she was awarded the winner in this category.
- A unique industry of Agriculture and to find a young person excelling in this Industry was a total plus for the judges when selecting the winner in this category as Uzair Essack Director of Cape Crop won the Young Entrepreneur of the Year. Successful entrepreneurs in this category included Riyadh Cassim and Naadir Ghatoo both from Province of Gauteng.
- The evening displayed Women power as our three female finalists, Nasrin Kadwa, Nuraan Osman and Shenaz Ghood in the Community Builder category showed their selfless commitment in each of the provinces, and there must be one winner which was awarded to Mrs Shenaz Ghood for founding the Dignity store in Gauteng. Indeed this category plays a major role in our country and ultimately every finalists is a winner for their contribution by improving the lives of many South Africans every day.
The winners did not stop there as the evenings programme Director, Ameen Hassen, Head of Standard Bank Shariah Division, announced the winners in the Minara Aziz Hassim Literary competition 2019, winning in the Debut category was former Deputy Minister of Basic Education Mr Enver Surty and established writer Kirsten Miller awarded for the second year in the Main category.
27 - 30 October, Durban ICC http://www.govtech.co.za/