The Minara Chamber of Commerce is a formally constituted organization representing and assisting South African Muslim businesses and entrepreneurs.
The Mission of the chamber is to provide a guiding vision for businesses and to promote and strengthen business activities for our members.
The vision of the Minara Chamber of Commerce is the establishment of a dynamic and vibrant business community which is guided by an Islamic tenet and which makes a meaningful contribution to the socio economic development of the Muslim community and South Africa as a whole.
|President||Solly Suleman: Director Sparkport Pharmacy Group|
|Vice President||Fawzia Peer: Deputy Mayor Ethekwini Municipality|
|Secretary General||Razak Jooma: KZN BDO of 27/4 Investment Management|
|Treasurer||Mohamed Moosa: member of Alpine Group|
|Past President||Ebrahim Patel:CEO Magellan Investments|
|Director||Ebrahim Vawda: former CEO of Albaraka Bank|
|Director||Mohammed Ameen Hassen: Head of Shariah Division, Standard Bank|
|Director||Asgar Mahomed: Managing Director of Esquire Technology|
|Director||Shenaz Ghood:Director Ghood foundation|
|Director||Farrana Kader: CEO of FK Global Events Managers|
The Minara Chamber of Commerce provides a platform for businesses to benefit by collaborating, cooperating and supporting each other. Minara provides the following services to its members:
• Creating Business Networking Opportunities
• Hosting of Inbound and Outbound Trade Missions
• Promotion of Youth & Women Entrepreneurship
• Providing and facilitating access to information and business best practice
• Dissemination of information via the Minara Chamber of Commerce website, the Minara Newsletter and mainstream and community media.
• Establishment of a databank and resource centre
• Training seminars, workshops and mentorship programs
• Advocacy, lobbying and networking in various forums at the national, provincial and local levels in the Governmental and Economic spheres.
• Initiating research and development
Minara operates from its head office in Durban, KwaZulu Natal and a regional office in Johannesburg, Gauteng.
In pursuance of its vision, Minara has engaged in a wide range of projects and initiatives in different areas including the economic, political, social and educational spheres. This has helped build and solidify Minara’s profile and has brought with it acknowledgement, recognition and support from the different spheres of government and organized commerce and industry.
Minara has always endeavoured to partner with Organisations and Institutions with the necessary resources and expertise in the implementation of its programmes and project resulting in much more beneficial and effective outcomes.